Tuesday 25 August 2009

The right angle

I have to say, I never thought I was that bad at maths. Strike that. I'm not that bad at maths. But when you're standing looking at six pieces of wood, each of which needs two (different) angles cut on either end, suddenly brain freeze sets in and you find yourself languishing in a special needs category all of your own. And then the brain thaws out again and you realise it wasn't so bad (or difficult) after all. Just needed a bit of concentration.

And that's exactly what happened.



Then comes the next challenge - fastening your six beautifully angled pieces of wood together! This had to be done in stages to ensure all the joints were right. Joining four pieces together wasn't too bad, once I'd made a set of blocks to hold the pieces in place...




Adding in piece number 5 also meant also adding in some downward pressure and a new set of blocks...




And the final piece - well, a minor miracle really!

No comments: