Friday 20 November 2009



As it turned out, making the full size prototype wasn't half as complex as I'd imagined. As I headed off to TP's to buy some pine, Daren armed me with a sword to cut the wood down so as to fit it in the car. 'I'm sure the guys down there will help me out with that,' I said. 'No they won't,' came the swift reply. THing is, they did. And why? Because at no point did it even enter the heads of those guys down there that a woman would a) know what a saw is or b) be able to use one. So, of course they offered to cut it up for me - and load it into the car! Result!

The concern in making this has long been the seat shape but thankfully a piece of 3mm MDF nailed into position was easier than I'd thought, instantly creating the effect I was after - and making one helluva comfy chair (even if I do say so myself!)

Just the real thing to do now...

No comments: